Summer Goals!

By Unknown - November 30, 2014

As exams are finally over, and my holidays are just around the corner, i've finally been able to put some time into creating a workout routine for the summer. Let me start with, i am in no way a fitness or nutrition expert. To be honest, i don't really know much about fitness at all! However, i do know what works for me, and i've been bombarded with questions on my usual workout routine, diet and what i do to keep fit, so i thought it'd be best if i just made a post to answer all your questions and queries!

Current progress shots (Weighing in at 60.5kg atm)





( I have really weak arms btw. Working on just toning up any excess flab, not working to build muscle!)


How it all began...

In all honesty, i've always been an average sized girl. I don't think i've ever been overweight, nor underweight which is something im very thankful for. My sisters are all super slim, so i guess it's somewhat genetics.
Just a bit about my body to put all this into perspective.
- I'm 174cm tall.
- I currently weigh 60-61kg
- Waist: 65
- Hips: 96/97cm
 In general, my weight fluctuates a lot. I'm abit over my usual weight which is around 58kg, but im usually between 57-60kg which is normal for me. Weigh is just a number and to be honest, it doesn't really mean much!

Anyway, when i was younger, i was the unfittest and slowest kid out. Actually, i think a lot of my friends still think i am HAHA. However, my interests in fitness really kicked off around last year. I've never considered myself to be fat, but i've always wanted a nice toned body. It's always been an on and off type of thing for me, and i only work out when i have the time and motivation to.

So no, i dont workout on a daily basis, nor is it consistent. But when i want to slim down for something, i'll put in the effort in to do so!
A lot of people tend to ask me "What's your diet?", and the truth is, i don't have one. I know counting calories and watching what you eat can be a really effective way of losing weight for some, but my goal isnt to lose weight, it's just to tone up! Whilst talking about diets though, most of my food is super "meaty". I'm not too sure how to explain it, but i eat a lot of protein. Even for breakfast! Most of my meals contain chicken, pork, beef or lamb, and its usually in large quantities in proportion to carbs and veggies. I'd say around 70% meat, 20% carbs (rice or something) and 5-10% veggies. I drink around 5-6 bottles of water a day which really helps!

So whilst i was in europe, i pigged out sooo much! Carbs all day, everyday. I weighed 64-65kgs!
Ever since coming back, ive played around with different exercises and really found what works best for me! This was me at the end of my europe trip by the way, At 65kg.
Anyway, i came up with an effective workout routine upon returning to Melbourne, and it is as follows at the moment!

Current home workout routine
- 10 minutes of stretching
- 40 basic crunches.
- 35 Right oblique crunches ( It's like a normal crunch, except you have one hand behind your head, the other across your stomach, and you crunch and try touching your elbow behind your head, with the opposite knee, if that makes sense!? Sorry im so crappy at explaining haha!)
- 35 Left oblique crunches ( Same deal as above)
- 40-50 bicycle crunches
- 30 leg raises (Lie down on your back, keep your feet together and raise them 90 degrees, then lower down slowly and repeat)
- 40 heel taps? (Im not sure what the name is called, but you lie on your back, with your back slightly off the ground, knees together and reach side to side , touching the heels of your foot)
- 20 crunches with legs in the air
- 50-100 squats
- 30 jumping squats ( Jump as high as you can, land in a squat, then from the squat position jump and reach as high as you can, repeat)
- 1 minute planks
- 15-30 minute walk/run around the block

These are just some home workouts that i've put together which have really helped me work on my core and legs. Its quick and easy, and won't take too much of your time! I usually do this 4-5 times a week. Again, my focus is more on toning rather than loosing weight as i don't think 58-60kg is too bad for me.

My goals at the moment is just to tone up! I want to keep my weight below 60kg, ideally around 57kg. My sisters wedding is in less than 19 days and i barely fit into the bridesmaid dress at the moment, so that's my main motivation haha!
Anyway if you guys have any questions, recommendations or queries, just hit me up through instagram or tumblr!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You have really good bicep insertions on your 4th picture.
    You can prolly bench 100kg.

    ReplyDelete

KATHRYYNN x CAROUSELL

Hi guys!  I've teamed up with Carousell to show you guys a mini shopping haul that i've done over the past few weeks from sellers...